Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cherie Jubilee - A New Quilt Kit

 Hi there!  I hope you are enjoying your week!  Today I want to share with you my newest pattern! But, first I'd like to tell you a little bit how I come up with my patterns and what inspires me.  I find inspiration everywhere.  I see patterns in everything.  When I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING! In fact, the other day I was watching a cartoon with my kiddos and there was a fun pattern on a house in the cartoon and thought that would make a really great quilt!

When I see something I really like, I try and jot it down before I forget!  Because chances are, if I don't write it down or sketch it out, it will be lost in my brain somewhere--never to be found again! ;) I also will make a pattern specifically for a line of fabric I love.  If I fall in love with a certain print or line, then I will come up with a pattern just for that line of fabric or inspiration piece.

I design a lot of my quilts in Adobe Illustrator.  Which I find is the easiest for me.  However, I have recently started designing in EQ7 for mac, and I have to say I am really enjoying learning how to use it and I especially like importing the fabrics and placing them in my designs.

The quilt kit I am going to share with you today, I found my inspiration from a store bought quilt.   I saw a pattern similar to this one that I am sharing, and thought it would make an excellent quilt to showcase larger prints.  So I made a note, and from there I came up with Jubilee.
Click HERE to purchase Cherie Jubilee Quilt Kit

Jubilee, has to be one of my favorite patterns I've designed.  Even though it is probably one of the simplest quilts, I love the simple blocks and the fact you can showcase those larger prints!  When I saw Cherie by Art Gallery, I fell in love and knew I wanted them to be used in the Jubilee pattern. I love the fun floral prints in this line, and I adore the bike print.  They are all so fun!  We've paired some of the Cherie prints with some blenders from Art Gallery and came up with a really great palette for this quilt.  It has a nice blend of prints that all compliment each other.  

Click HERE to purchase Cherie Jubilee Quilt Kit
I hope you like Jubilee as much as I do!

You can find this quilt kit along with other quilt kits in the "kits" section of the shop! Be sure to check it out regularly, we are always adding new things! :)

Talk to you soon!


5 comments:

Jana Machado said...

Hi Lindsey! I like your pattern a lot, specially because I love this collection. I'm also exploring EQ7 for Mac, this version has improved a lot. I wish I'd have more time to play with it. This KIT is lovely! !

Christine S said...

Very pretty!!

Unknown said...

Congrats with Betty, have a lot of fun with her.

Michele said...

Very nice and you are like me....the idea pops into my head and I have to write/sketch it immediately so I don't forget it.

Pine Point Cathy said...

Will this be made available as a pattern only? (not as part of a kit) Love the big blocks so you don't have to cut into precious pieces! Thank you! basaran.family@rogers.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...